The UAM Hub

The Student News Site of The Urban Assembly for Media Studies

The UAM Hub

The UAM Hub

Our New Assistant Principal, Mr. Trinidad, Is Also a Founding Figure of UAM

Luis Acosta Mendez
Mr. Trinidad, Our New Assistant Principal

Mr. Trinidad’s origin story of how he became assistant principal here at UAM is an interesting one.

Mr. Trinidad started working at UAM in 2008 in a completely different role, after a friend got him a job due to his experience working with children. 

Trinidad started his career as a counselor at a summer camp. He felt good working with kids and that’s why he is at UAM now exclaiming, “I really enjoyed working with kids and I just needed a job at the time. So now fast forward 15 years later, I’m now the assistant principal here.¨ 

Trinidad’s dedication to UAM has been amazing since returning back as an AP. He expressed the sentiment that the UAM community has always been like a family, staff, students and teachers working together to make it a healthy community. 

“UAM is great. UAM feels like home actually. It’s really nice to come back and see a lot of familiar faces and also meet a lot of new faces that have contributed to the UAM community. So for me, it is getting to know the new people and reconnecting with my old colleagues, and I would say at this point, old friends.¨

Mr. Trinidad went on to explain that he took a break from working at UAM for three years, and during this time he worked at other schools. 

But things didn’t feel right for him, as he elaborated “I felt like the collaboration needed a lot of work. And I just think that’s what makes UAM so special, is our ability as teachers to chip in and for the students to chip in, to keep this community safe and supportive.”

In conclusion, Mr. Trinidad has returned to UAM due to the great relationship between staff, teachers, and students. The school is healthy and feels like a place he can call home. Learning new ideas and collaborating with colleagues is what keeps him going everyday.

View Comments (7)
Donate to The UAM Hub

Your donation will support the student journalists of The Urban Assembly for Media Studies. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.