The UAM Hub

The Student News Site of The Urban Assembly for Media Studies

The UAM Hub

The UAM Hub

Migrants living in NY
April 12, 2024

“Dragon Ball Super: Broly” – Movie Review

Jeet Dhanoa
Free to use under the Unsplash License.

Imagine an antagonist, who has never seen a human being in his life. He doesn’t know anything about basics, like water, or even the finer things, like chocolate. Broly, a humanoid in the Dragon Ball universe, is manipulated and misunderstood. He is an oblivious powerhouse and stars in this must see movie. 

Dragon Ball Super: Broly features incredible characters such as Goku, Vegeta, and Broly. These characters are highly likable, each possessing unique personalities. Goku is portrayed as kind and gentle, while Vegeta is a determined and resilient individual who has faced numerous challenges.

One noteworthy aspect of the film is its outstanding production and animation quality, contributing to an overall impressive viewing experience. Dragon Ball Super: Broly not only stands on characters, it also happens to have some of the best animated fighting scenes of all time, with a climax fight between Gogeta and Broly.

This anime was released in 2018 and it has had massive success. The film grossed around 30.7 million dollars in the United States and Canada, and 85.8 million internationally from Fox distributed markets, becoming the 11th highest grossing anime film internationally of all time.

If you like animated movies filled with continuous action, Dragon Ball Super: Broly is a must-watch. This cinematic masterpiece captivates audiences with its exceptional characters, engaging plot, and stunning animation. Undoubtedly, these elements contribute to its status as one of the most successful animated movies of all time.